Building Better Workflows Using The Latest Nuix Software
Our recent software releases, Nuix 7.8—inclusive of Nuix Workstation, Nuix Web Review & Analytics, and Nuix Enterprise Collection Center—Nuix Ringtail 9.8, and Nuix Adaptive Security 1.8, boast several enhancements. Each new capability has practical applications that any eDiscovery analyst, investigator, or incident responder might find handy.
The true power of our combined software suite release, however, lies in how each feature helps to improve your respective workflow and simplify the jobs you need to complete on a regular basis.
REVIEWING THE UPDATES
Nuix CTO Stephen Stewart took the time to record his five favorite new capabilities in Nuix 7.8. Summing those up from number 5-1, they were:
- More choices and options in Elasticsearch
- Faster, easier optical character recognition (OCR)
- Streamlined incident response
- Simpler searching for personally identifiable information (PII)
- Analyzing communication data across multiple channels or sources
Stephen’s top five was drawn from the 7.8 updates to Nuix Workstation, Nuix Enterprise Collection Center, and Nuix Web Review & Analytics. Nuix Ringtail 9.8 includes new reporting features and dashboards, integrated machine language translation, and native redaction in Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
Beyond enhanced logic rules and other security-specific enhancements, the biggest update with Nuix Adaptive Security 1.8 was its integration with Nuix Enterprise Collection Center, enabling more efficient collection and analysis of endpoint data.
WORKFLOWS FROM BEGINNING TO END
These features might stand out on their own, but how do they work together to make your life easier? Let’s look at an insider threat where Nuix Adaptive Security flags suspicious behavior from an endpoint.
An alert from the endpoint triggers a flurry of activity that can involve using several different solutions to determine its veracity, investigate the issue, and take the appropriate action. Thanks to the integration of Nuix software, here’s how the entire incident response workflow would look, entirely on our platform:
- Alert received from Nuix Adaptive Security—at this point, the incident responder can also isolate or triage the endpoint to prevent additional harm, if necessary, also using the endpoint agent.
- The analyst collects necessary endpoint data using Nuix Enterprise Collection Center—or they can upgrade their Nuix endpoint agent software to collect directly from the Nuix Adaptive Security interface.
- The analyst then processes the information using Nuix Workstation, creating a searchable index and normalized data set for review and analysis.
- Investigators review the information in Nuix Workstation or Nuix Web Review & Analytics and put together their forensic evidence case based on what they found and analyzed.
- In the event of litigation or legal action, the legal team can analyze and review the case in Nuix Ringtail as they litigate through the matter.
This workflow is an easy one to demonstrate how you can take a case from beginning to end solely within Nuix products, and it’s one I would have loved access to when I worked investigating insider threats at the enterprise level. We’ll cover additional workflows for eDiscovery, compliance, and investigation cases in future posts on the blog.
We’re committed to reducing the number of steps and time you need to spend on tasks that were, at one time, incredibly labor and time-intensive to complete. Each improvement to our software was made with this goal in mind, including the ability to create compound cases and search across cases, find PII on targeted endpoints, visualize communications between individuals, or deliver enhanced dashboards and reports for eDiscovery review.