eDiscovery Best Practices for Government Records Management
The Presidential Memorandum – Managing Government Records 2011 states that, “Decades of technological advances have transformed agency operations, creating challenges and opportunities for agency records management. Greater reliance on electronic communication and systems has radically increased the volume and diversity of information that agencies must manage.”
These records management challenges are also exacerbating many agencies' ability to respond efficiently and effectively to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests. This results in severe backlogs and frustrated citizens. However, lessons can be learned from eDiscovery that can be applied to the process of FOIA response.
Watch our webinar on demand as Jason Baron and Julie Colgan discuss:
- How FOIA response and litigation response reflect similar processes
- How eDiscovery technologies can be used to speed up FOIA responses
- How tools can support achieving the Presidential mandate on Government Records Management across the agency by:
- Identifying permanent and other public records
- Classifying information to facilitate FOIA response as well as application of agency retention schedules
- Analyzing data to uncover insights and opportunities to better serve the mission of the agency.
Your featured speakers include:
- Jason R. Baron - Of Counsel, Drinker Biddle & Reath
- Julie Colgan - Head of Information Governance Solutions, Nuix