Updated - April 2016
Collection of Information
For most products and services, it is necessary for us to collect ‘Personal Information’ such as your name, identity details, contact details, transaction information and other personal details where needed.
We may also collection Personal Information when:
- You create a user account at Nuix’s customer portal site or request any form of support.
- You register or participate in Nuix webcasts, webinars or seminars/conferences.
- You request product or service information or materials.
- You participate in surveys and evaluations.
- You apply for job or submit your resume.
- You submit questions or comments to us.
Nuix may also collect Personal Information from individuals at conventions, trade shows and expositions.
We do not generally collect sensitive information from you; however, if you provide such information to us, we will only collect that information with your express consent and only where such information is reasonably required in order for us to provide our products or services to you. We shall not disclose sensitive information to any other party without your consent.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. We use "cookies" on some (but not all) web pages to deliver personalized content or to tailor our information offerings or responses according to the way you use the site, and/or your current context on the site.
Why We Collect Personal Information
We collect Personal Information about you which is reasonably necessary to:
- provide you with quality products or services
- conduct marketing and social functions
- analyzing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/or improved products and services, or as otherwise authorized by you.
Without such information, we may not be able to provide you with an appropriate level of service.
Employment and Employee Data
In addition to the foregoing, the Personal Information also includes and applies to ‘Employment/Employee Data’ collected by us.
Employment/Employee Data includes any information about an identified or identifiable person that is obtained in the context of a person’s working relationship, including the application and interview process prior to hiring with a Nuix entity. Persons protected include job applicants, employees (including temporary, permanent and part-time), interns, independent contractors, retirees, and former employees, as well as any dependents or others whose personal data has been given to a Nuix entity by such persons. Employment /Employment Data may be collected, stored, analyzed, shared and used for legitimate human resources, business, and safety/security purposes in accordance with this policy and applicable law(s). The primary purpose for collection, storage and/or use of data include:
- Human Resources Management: involves the collection, storage, analysis and sharing of data in order to attract, retain and motivate a highly qualified workforce. This includes, but is not limited to, recruiting, compensation planning, succession planning, reorganization needs, performance assessment, training, employee benefit administration, compliance with applicable legal requirements, and communication with employees and/or their representatives.
- Business Processes and Management: involves processes used to run Nuix’s operations to include, but is not limited to, scheduling work assignments, managing company assets, reporting and releasing any public data and populating employee directories.
- Safety and Security Management: involves activities that ensure the safety and protection of employees, assets, resources, and communities, which include, but are not limited to monitoring and surveillance of Nuix IT systems.
Nuix will ensure adequate protection for Employment/Employee Data processed or transferred between Nuix Company Group entities.
Nuix Company Group entities may transfer Employment/Employee Data to selected external third parties that have been engaged to perform certain employment-related services. Nuix entities will require external third party suppliers to comply with this policy or to guarantee the same levels of protection as Nuix when handling this data. Such selected third parties will have access to this data solely for the purpose of performing the services specified in the applicable service contract. If Nuix concludes that a supplier is not complying with these obligations, it will promptly take appropriate actions to remedy such non-compliance or implement necessary sanctions.
When Your Information is Disclosed
We may share Personal Information within Nuix Company Group (including all subsidiary companies), and may disclose Personal Information outside of Nuix:
- as required by law or regulations, or as required by a regulator
- to our service providers, who provide services in connection with our products and services
- as contained in the terms and conditions of our products or services.
By engaging us to provide products or services to you and/or providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to the disclosure of your Personal Information outside Australia, and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle your Personal Information. We will, however, where practicable in the circumstances, take reasonable steps to ensure that overseas recipients use and disclose such Personal Information in a manner consistent with this policy. The third parties referenced above, to whom we may provide your Personal Information, may be located in countries including Germany, Ireland, Philippines, Singapore, United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
We may change this policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the policy, and in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to the homepage of our website).
Keeping Information Accurate and Up to Date
We take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information accurate and complete. You may send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to your Personal Information you have provided to us for the purpose of correcting, amending or deleting data that is inaccurate. We will do our best to respond to your request in a timely manner and grant your request as required by law.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nuix Pty Ltd
Level 27, 1 Market Street
Sydney, NSW 2000
If your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you may be able to escalate your complaint to an external dispute resolution scheme or to a regulatory authority. We can provide details of the appropriate scheme/regulator for you, as these may vary by jurisdiction.